Bioenergy Europe is recruiting a Marketing Officer
Bioenergy Europe is recruiting a Marketing Officer to support the market penetration of three certification schemes: ENplus®, GoodChips® and SURE®. While ENplus® is a real success story with nearly 12 million tons of wood pellets being certified all over the world (https://enplus-pellets.eu), GoodChips® (https://goodchips.eu) has recently been launched to guarantee the quality of woodchips. SURE® (https://sure-system.org/en/), which demonstrates the sustainability of biomass under the REDII obligation, will be fully launched by mid-2020.
Founded in 1990, Bioenergy Europe is a non-profit, Brussels-based international organisation active at EU level. Bioenergy Europe’s primary mission is to develop the market for sustainable bioenergy and ensure favourable business conditions for its members. Bioenergy Europe holds a strong position in the bioenergy sector and brings together approximately 40 national bioenergy associations and over 90 private-sector companies from all over Europe. More information at www.bioenergyeurope.org.
You will work within the Certification department of Bioenergy Europe and directly report to the Certification Director. You will mainly be responsible for the following tasks:
- Marketing strategy: contributing and improving the existing marketing strategy of ENplus®, GoodChips® and SURE®.
- Implementation of the strategies, be it market analyses, marketing campaign and content editing (articles, press releases, messages for social networks, etc.).
- Other: occasional support to other departments mainly on marketing aspects.
Competencies and skills
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Business or a related discipline;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English (CEFR C1 or C2), knowledge of other languages is an asset;
- Interest in renewables/bioenergy/certification issues;
- Excellent level in content editing (articles, press releases, etc.);
- Experience in project management and marketing;
- Responsiveness and ownership of tasks;
- Pro-active mindset, excellent organizational skills;
- Ambition to challenge and exceed expectations;
- Strong client focus and understanding of their priorities and objectives;
- Ability to produce clear and persuasive content that is audience-friendly;
- Team player with a positive attitude, sociable and reliable;
- Ability to work in an international/multicultural environment.
What we offer
- Full-time position based in Brussels starting as soon as possible.
- 6-month fixed term contract under the Belgian law
- Possibility to continue with extra employee benefits.
- If the person proves satisfaction, a prolongation with an employee contract will be offered.
- Friendly and dynamic working environment.
If you are interested, apply here. Interviews will be held in Bioenergy Europe office in Brussels. Only the candidates selected for interviews will be notified per email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.